ABOUT THE PODCAST
Michael Lorenzos - Guide to Strategic DTC Growth (with Fewer Dashboards)
Michael Lorenzos joins us to discuss his role as Head of Ecommerce Growth at Bleach London, the trend-setting DIY hair colour brand with a cult reputation in the UK.
In this episode, we cover:
- How joining a growth agency was the perfect "shortcut" to becoming an effective ecommerce lead
- What it takes to launch a well-loved brand in a new, more competitive market
- How Bleach London uses interest-based targeting instead of outdated demographic personas
- When more dashboards doesn't equal more insights
- Why you should treat ecommerce growth like an investment portfolio
- How Michael cut Bleach London's CPA by 20% with a single new tool getcensus.com/customer-stories/bleach-london
You can connect with Michael on Twitter @micheallorenzos and LinkedIn linkedin.com/in/michaellorenzos
Noel Mack - How Gymshark Disrupts DTC Marketing
Noel Mack is the Chief Brand Officer for Gymshark, the best-in-class fitness apparel brand known for its disruptive online marketing, fiercely loyal customers, and game-changing DTC growth strategies.
In this episode, we talk about:
What DTC brands can learn from Lil Nas X, Adele, and how the music industry approaches marketing
How Gymshark finds new markets through interest, not demographics
Why Noel Mack searches “Gymshark” on Twitter first thing every morning
The Gymshark’s Social Disruption team’s greatest hits, such as changing their branding to “Homeshark” during lockdown, and their Black Friday prank getting celebrities to wish “Jim Shark” a happy birthday on Cameo
How Gymshark partnered with Shopify Plus to overcome their 2015 Black Friday outage and become one of the most anticipated shopping events of the year
Connect with Noel Mack on Twitter @NoelMack.
Go to dtcjourney.com for more about our ecommerce podcast.Read More
Roz Brabner - The playbook for growing a mid-sized E-Commerce business
Roz Brabner is the Head of E-Commerce at Pai Skincare.
Roz is responsible for growing DTC revenue for for Pai, as well as bringing the brand story to life through digital channels, and aligning the company's offering with their customer's values. Before moving to Pai Skincare, Roz held several roles in the corporate world, giving her a unique approach to growing founder-led e-commerce brands.
We talk about:
- The transition from being a small e-commerce business to a medium sized one.
- What success in e-commerce looks like.
- How she builds the brand at Pai Skincare.
- Live shopping events and their impact.
- Sustainability within a competitive market.
Nelli Jeloudar - Side hustle to E-Commerce success in kids fashion
Nelli Jeloudar is the Founder of Bundleboon, a curated shopping service focusing on kid's wear.
Bundleboon has grown leaps and bounds in the four years since its founding and is now a breakout brand in the DTC apparel space.
We talk about:
- The advantages of bootstrapping over taking investment to scale quickly.
- How to create recurring customers.
- Operations and customer experience.
- The most important metrics to track in the early years of business growth.
- How to effectively collect and use customer data.
Colin McIntosh - Redefining the market category for bed sheets
Colin McIntosh is the Founder and CEO at Sheets & Giggles.
Sheets & Giggles is a Denver-based sustainable brand bringing absurdly soft eucalyptus bedding directly to customers. They were featured on Good Morning America early this year and were awarded "Best Overall Sheets" by Good Housekeeping in March 2021.
We talk about:
- Crowdfunding tactics that helped in found and grow the business.
- How to keep customer care and customer experience a priority.
- How he showcases that sustainability matters at Sheets & Giggles.
- His advice for driving long term growth for DTC brands.